dwayne bell

Tuesday, 2 October 2012

twin peaks

20 years ago I didn’t watch Twin Peaks. Everyone was talking about it, it was weird and wonderful and creative and intriguing and lots of other things. Apparently. It’s been on my ‘to do’ list for a while and so I bought series one at the weekend and finally got round to watching the seminal televisual experience. It was ponderous, confusing and, essentially, shite. And so Twin Peaks goes on the ever growing pile of ‘things considered arty and great that I either don’t understand or just flat out don’t like’, joining such grandiose company as The White Album, Pet Sounds, Woody Allen and A Catcher in the Rye. What’s worse, is when I told my girlfriend (a vocal supporter of several items from the afore mentioned list) that I didn’t like it but would finish watching so I could at least find out what was going on, she told me that it wouldn’t be made clear in this series and I’d have to buy series two – a fact she kept to herself as I toddled off to the counter in HMV with series one on my hand. Well excuse my French, but fuck that!

I’m off to watch diehard or something similarly lowbrow and simple to bring some equilibrium back to my life.*

BAC-Twin-Peaks-144_jpg_442x294_crop_q85twinpeaks104

*My girlfriend, Lucy, has asked that I mention that she’s also a very vocal supporter of the Diehard series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment